PHM Health is a registered provider for the NDIS who aim to improve the quality of life for people with disabilities by assisting them to achieve their life choices, either in their own home or in the community. We have been providing high quality services and support to people with disabilities across the Sydney Metro area since late 2017.
We are urgently requiring flexible and reliable casual Support Workers to provide support to Participants in Dubbo NSW.
The Role: Casual (20 to 30 hrs/week) positions available
Support Workers enable rather than do, promoting development and independence.
A successful Support Worker assists and supports Participants with activities such as daily living tasks, help Participants develop skills and abilities, provide personal care, support with light domestic duties, provide transport to appointments and/or facilitate community outings and social activities with Participants.
You have an excellent work ethic, have excellent oral communication and written communication skills, like a challenge, show initiative, enjoy working independently and as part of a team and think on your feet.
You are a fit, energetic, and enthusiastic individual who has the ability to see the potential in people.
You apply a person-centred approach when supporting Participants in their own home and/or out in the community.
You have a nursing background and/or are experienced in providing support to participants with epilepsy, cerebral palsy and intellectual disability.
You have experience providing personal care to both female and male participants and a willingness and ability to work with a variety of NDIS Participants with different levels of abilities.
- Certificate III in Individual Support, Disability Work, equivalent qualification, or currently studying to achieve. University students studying in a relevant field are welcome to apply.
- Experience in aged care, community care, disability care, and/or youth work.
- Able to work with participants’ pets and other support animals. It may include transporting them.
- Able to provide personal care to both male and female participants such as showering, grooming, toileting and continence or willingness to learn.
- Experience supporting Participants using frames, wheelchairs, and hoists.
- Experience supporting Participants with daily living skills, food preparation and housekeeping
- Must be willing to travel around the Newcastle region.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must hold a current full NSW Driver’s Licence
- Must own a reliable vehicle with full comprehensive insurance.
- Current First Aid and CPR certificates.
- NSW Working with Children’s Check
- NDIS Worker Check
- NDIS Orientation Certificate
- COVID-19 Training
- Must be willing and available to work different rostered shifts including, morning, afternoon, evening, weekends, sleepovers, active nights, public holidays and split shifts.
- Experience supporting Participants with challenging behaviours is highly regarded
Pay is based on the SCHADS Award
(Social, Community, Home Care & Disability Services Industry Award)
Job Type: Casual
Salary: $28.00 – $50.00 per hour