PHM Health is a registered provider for the NDIS who aim to improve the quality of life for people with disabilities by assisting them to achieve their life choices, either in their own home or in the community. We have been providing high quality services and support to people with disabilities across the Sydney Metro area since late 2017.
We are urgently requiring flexible and reliable casual Support Workers to provide support to Participants in Newcastle, but also able and willing to travel to provide support across other areas of Hunter region.
Support Workers enable rather than do, promoting development and independence.
A successful Support Worker assists and supports Participants with activities such as daily living tasks, help Participants develop skills and abilities, provide personal care, support with light domestic duties, provide transport to appointments and/or facilitate community outings and social activities with Participants.
You have an excellent work ethic, have excellent oral communication and written communication skills, like a challenge, show initiative, enjoy working independently and as part of a team and think on your feet.
You are a fit, energetic, and enthusiastic individual who has the ability to see the potential in people.
You apply a person-centred approach when supporting Participants in their own home and/or out in the community.
You have a nursing background and/or are experienced in providing support to participants with depression, diabetes, cardiovascular issues, chronic sinus tachycardia, use of sleep apnea machine and provide personal care but also a willingness and ability to work with a variety of NDIS Participants with different levels of abilities.
- Experience in aged care, community care, disability care, and/or youth work.
Able to work with participants’ pets and other support animals. It may include transporting them.
- Able to provide personal care to both male and female participants such as showering, grooming, toileting and continence or willingness to learn.
- Experience supporting Participants using frames, wheelchairs, and hoists.
- Experience supporting Participants with daily living skills, food preparation and housekeeping
- Must be willing to travel around the Newcastle/Nelson Bay region.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must be willing and available to work different rostered shifts including, morning, afternoon, evening, weekends, sleepovers, public holidays and split shifts.
- Must own a reliable vehicle with full comprehensive insurance
Please note: we have only casual positions available initially; however for those who do show the right cultural fit, above commitment and the ability to work with a number of different types of NDIS participants will be offered permanent part time and full time roles. Please do not apply if you have very limited availability and are already heavily committed to other NDIS providers.
NSW/International Driver’s Licence (Preferred)
First Aid + CPR Certificate (Preferred)
Working With Children Check (Preferred)
NDIS Worker Screening Check (Preferred)
Pay is based on the SCHADS Award
(Social, Community, Home Care & Disability Services Industry Award)
Job Types: Casual
Salary: $28.00 – $50.00 per hour