PHM Health is a registered provider for the NDIS who aim to improve the quality of life for people with disabilities by assisting them to achieve their life choices, either in their own home or in the community. We have been providing high quality services and support to people with disabilities across the Sydney Metro area since late 2017.
We are urgently requiring flexible and reliable casual Support Workers to provide support to Participants, able and willing to travel to provide support across other Sydney Metro areas.
A successful Support Worker assists and supports participants with activities such as daily living tasks, help participants develop skills and abilities, provide personal care, support with light domestic duties, provide transport to appointments and/or facilitate community outings and social activities with participants.
- Experience in aged care, community care, disability care, and/or youth work.
- Able to work with participants’ pets and other support animals. It may include transporting them.
- Able to provide personal care to both male and female participants such as showering, grooming, toileting and continence or willingness to learn.
- Experience supporting Participants using frames, wheelchairs, and hoists.
- Experience supporting Participants with daily living skills, food preparation and housekeeping
- Must be willing to travel to all Sydney Metro areas.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must be willing and available to work different rostered shifts including, morning, afternoon, evening, weekends, sleepovers, public holidays and split shifts.
- Must own a reliable vehicle with full comprehensive insurance.
* Must hold a current NSW/International Driver’s Licence
* Current First Aid and CPR certificates.
* NSW Working with Children’s Check
* NDIS Worker Screening Check
* NDIS Orientation Certificate
* COVID-19 Training
- Certificate III in Individual Support, Disability Work, equivalent qualification, or currently studying to achieve. University students studying in a relevant field are welcome to apply.
- Experience with Epilepsy, Intellectual and/or physical disabilities will be an advantage.
- Experience supporting Participants with challenging behaviours is highly regarded.
Pay is based on the SCHADS Award (Social, Community, Home Care & Disability Services Industry Award)