PHM Health is a registered provider for the NDIS who aim to improve the quality of life for people with disabilities by assisting them to achieve their life choices, either in their own home or in the community. We have been providing high quality services and support to people with disabilities across the Sydney Metro area since late 2017.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Team Leader will play a key role in the effective delivery of supporting services to the participants with a range of complex needs.
A successful Team Leader has experience leading a team of Support Workers and actively contributes to a team environment through open communication, mentoring and planning processes.
You have an excellent work ethic, are proactive, reliable, enthusiastic and have a comprehensive understanding of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
You have experience leading and mentoring a team of Support Workers, managing day to day operations, and setting objectives to ensure continuous service delivery.
You will develop, implement and oversee, person centred plans and practices and promote the independence of people with disabilities to reach their full potential.
You are willing to provide a degree of hands-on support such as covering shifts when required and demonstrate initiative when working independently and without supervision.
You will be willing to participant with relevant after hours and on call duties. Please note that weekend and after hours work is a requirement of this role.
- Relevant qualification in Disability or related area
- Minimum 3 years experience leading a small team of Support Workers
- Demonstrated experience to achieve outcomes according to tight timeframes, deadlines and project plans.
- Sound understanding of NDIS systems and processes
- A clear understanding and awareness of privacy and confidentiality principles
- Experience supporting clients with complex needs, behaviours of concern and mental health
- Sound written and oral communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Proven report writing skills and strong attention to detail.
- The ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced team environment.
- Demonstrated capacity to work with culturally and linguistically diverse communities.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity, Occupational Health and Safety and Cultural Diversity Principles
- Proven ability to maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Must be willing to travel to all Sydney Metro areas.
- Must hold a current full NSW Driver’s Licence
- Must own a reliable vehicle with full comprehensive insurance.
- Current First Aid and CPR certificates.
- NSW Working with Children’s Check
- NDIS Worker Screening Check (NDISWC)
- NDIS Orientation Certificate
- COVID-19 Training
Pay is based on the SCHADS Award (Social, Community, Home Care & Disability Services Industry Award)
Location of employment:
Sydney Metro – Belmore office